Actions against counterfeit items
Due to the fact that counterfeit items are circulating in online marketplaces, Preloved has different measures in place to protect buyers:inside from counterfeits. There are differences in the authenticity check between the marketplace (private sellers) and the concierge service (sales service of Preloved).
1) Concierge Service: Guaranteed Authenticity
- Quality control: Items sold through Preloved's Concierge Service are checked for authenticity by a trained team. Customers who are concerned about counterfeits can buy items from this section with confidence because they have passed the authenticity assurance.
2) Marketplace: Quality check of items from our private sellers
- No tolerance for counterfeiting: Preloved does not support the sale of counterfeit products and takes proactive steps to remove counterfeit items and accounts from the marketplace.
- Regular Quality Checks: The team conducts regular checks and removes suspicious products or accounts from the marketplace to protect buyer:s.
Consequences for sellers of counterfeits: Sellers who publish fakes will of course be removed from the platform. In addition, Preloved reserves the right to take legal action.
- Self-detection guide: Preloved offers a special section called "Fake Check", which contains detailed information and instructions on how to independently detect fakes of different brands. This guide is especially useful for customers who want to verify the authenticity of a product before buying it.
- Reporting suspicious items: When customers see items on the platform that appear to be counterfeit, they are encouraged to report them using the "Report Product" feature on the corresponding product page. Preloved's quality inspection team will then verify the reported product.