The selling process on our marketplace is very smooth for the most part, but sometimes a buyer may want to return an item. In this post, we explain the requirements for a return and how the process works for both parties.
Conditions for a return:
If you have posted and shipped an item yourself, your buyer's return policy is as follows:
A buyer can return the item if:
- The item does not match the description (e.g. different size, a defect not specified, wrong color).
An incorrect item has been delivered (e.g. if you have sent a different item than specified)
- The item is a fake (if the buyer has doubts about the authenticity of your sale)
- You agree to a goodwill return (if you agree to the return without reason)
The item cannot be returned if:
- The buyer simply does not like it
- It does not fit, although the size was correctly specified
- You did not give wrong information (e.g. the item has a hole, but you stated this in your product description)
- You do not agree to a goodwill return (if the description was correct)
- The buyer contacts you too late (if the 72 hours after receipt of the goods have already expired)
Return process and return deadlines on the marketplace:
For return requests or complaints, the buyer must report a problem within 72 hours of receiving the product. If this does not happen or happens too late, you do not have to agree to a return (exception: if the product is a fake).
This is how it continues after a problem report:
- The buyer must prove by means of photos that there is a legitimate reason for the return. You discuss in Messenger whether the return is justified. If you can't agree, you can call in customer service to get a neutral decision.
- Depending on the decision, the buyer may or may not return the item.
Returns accepted or rejected: a) If a return is warranted, the return shipping fee will be paid by the seller if the description is incorrect. She will purchase a shipping label and send it to the buyer via Messenger. In the case of a goodwill return, the buyer herself pays the return shipping fee. Then the seller contacts customer service via contact form about the successful return, so that customer service cancels the order and releases the refund to the buyer. b) If the return is not justified, customer service must remove the buyer's problem message and the payout is released to the seller the following business day.